2010-08-14

The Expectation Analysis Experiment – Part 6 – Resurrection Gothenburg

This time it was quite hard to decide which deck to play but when thinking of the probable competition I will face I decided to run a modified version of the deck I played in Karlstad some months ago. The reason for this is that I expect to see quite a lot of toolbox decks containing light combat but hopefully not any ones I can’t handle with my 21 combat ends cards. There will probably not be many fast bleed or vote decks and that should be the right environment for this me for once:

Deck Name : Earth Died Screaming
Author : Stefan Karlsson (original concept by Randal Rudstam)

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 5 max: 7 average: 5.91667
2x Doyle Fincher          7  ANI PRO aus for obf         !Gangrel:4
2x Janey Pickman          6  ANI PRO for                 !Gangrel:4
2x Celeste Lamontagne     5  ANI PRO for                 !Gangrel:4
1x Beckett                7  ANI FOR PRO cel             Gangrel:3
1x Danielle Diron         7  ANI PRO chi for      1 vote Gangrel:3
1x Horrock                6  ANI PRO vic                 Gangrel:3
1x Dr. Allan Woodstoc     5  PRO ani aus for             Gangrel:3
1x Jacob Fermor           5  PRO ani tha                 Gangrel:4
1x Mowgli                 5  FOR PRO ani cel formofmist            !Gangrel:4

Library [77 cards]
Action [11]  
  1x Abbot
  10x Deep Song

Action Modifier [7]
  2x Daring the Dawn
  5x Freak Drive

Ally [1]
  1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)

Combat [23]
  16x Earth Meld
  5x Form of Mist
  2x Pack Alpha 

Equipment [4] waitinggame
  2x Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers
  1x Heart of Nizchetus
  1x Laptop Computer

Event [2]
  1x Scourge of the Enochians
  1x Waiting Game

Master [12]
  1x Anarch Troublemaker
  4x Blood Doll
  2x Heidelberg Castle, Germany  
  3x Misdirection
  1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
  1x Powerbase: Montreal

Reaction [10] misdirection
  2x Cats' Guidance
  1x Delaying Tactics
  2x Forced Awakening
  3x On the Qui Vive
  2x Sonar

Retainer [7]
  1x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
  1x Owl Companion
  4x Raven Spy
  1x Tasha Morgan

 

 

 

This deck has three real weaknesses;

1. Combat with combat ends-deny (IG, Psyche, TT etc.)
2. Heavy stealth predator
3. Prey with allies

The two first weaknesses I have to live with and if I have read the meta correctly I won’t be encountering to much of them. The third weakness was my main problem when I played this deck in Karlstad and I have added more cards to deal with allies. I have increased the numbers of Misdirection and changed some Earth Melds to Form of Mists to be able to tap those annoying allies and bleed with the Codex. I have also added the underrated event Waiting Game, it can really be a killer to for example a Nephandus deck.
I have also been thinking some about how to really play this deck. I need not to waste my resources. It is tempting many times to play Earth Meld in any combat but I have to take a small beating now and then and only play Earth Meld when I risk being hurt badly or when I get the benefits of the untap effect.
I also need to be thinking before wasting my resources in bleeding heavy. I need to make sure that my Deep Songs end up where they do any real good and not just play them because I have them in my hand.
Sorry for not being that original this time but I will try and compensate that with my upcoming tournament report and it will hopefully be about four games and not just three as all previous tournament reports on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment