2010-05-13

Cracked Kettle Amsterdam - Purchases

I went to the Netherlands this week for a work-trip and I just had to stop somewhere to get some good beer while I had the opportunity. I knew we were going to do a lot of car travelling and I had De Molen in mind but the schedule was simply too tight to be able to get there. The shop Cracked Kettle was my second choise but it didn’t look like I was going to make it there either. I was lucky and talked my hungry travel-companions into waiting in the hotel-lobby before going to the restaurant when we got home after a long day. I also talked our driver into driving me to the store where I spent a quick 10 minutes.

I really fell in love with the store at first sight. The manager was a really nice guy that understood my dilemma getting some really good beer in that short amount of time. Even better was that he played my favourite country artist David Allan Coe in the store and when I commented on it he was amused and told me not many customers know who that is. I now knew I would be leaving with some great products. Below is what I got:

DSC00398 De Molen Rasputin, De Molen Molenbier, De Molen Hemel & Aarde, De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis

DSC00401 Struise/Mikkeller Elliot Brew, Struise / De Molen – Black Damnation, Struise Black Jack

DSC00403Port Brewing Santas little Helper, Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout x 2, Klein Duimpje Imperial Russian Stout

And Cracked Kettle didn’t live up to its name, not a single bottle was destroyed during the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment