2010-05-01

Beer 100427-100501

Oppigårds Starkporter
Sweden
ABV: 5.9%
Rating: 4
Fresh and a little fruity. Pleasant coffee notes. Pretty acidic with late notes of chocolate. Very nice over all.











La Rullés Triple
Belgium
ABV: 8.4%
Rating: 4
Fresh, spicy and fruity. Notes of vanilla and after-taste of sweet licorice. Very pleasant and drinkable.











BrewDog Trashy Blonde
Scotland
ABV: 4.1%
Rating: 3
It's like a bitter wheat beer. Notes of citrus and other fruits. Pretty standard for being BrewDog and therefore a little disappointing. Boring bitterness but drinkable.









Pauwel Kwak
Belgium
ABV: 8%
Rating: 3
The flavour is like a classical Belgian dubbel but the after-taste is estry and a little sour. A little lame and boring but ok.









Founders Breakfast Stout
USA
ABV: 8.3%
Rating: 5
Chocolate and coffee. Thick and pleasant in the mouth without making you thirstier. Nice wooden notes that increases as it grows warmer. This is a perfectly balanced and drinkable imperial stout that I could enjoy every day. Too bad Systembolaget has withdrawn it because of the kid on the label. It's nice to drink a really really great beer again, I have to do this more often.

2 comments:

  1. I also love beer, but newbie in the beer world, just as in jyhad ;)
    Atm just tasted like ~65 beers, and I have the bottles of 62 of them.
    I'll add you to my favs and blog roll :) I really like your articles about beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear. There will be plenty more of that sort, I promise. Tomorrow I will go to the Netherlands so expect some more beer articles the coming days.

    ReplyDelete