2010-03-05

BBT 2010 - In de Vrede

You don't get closer to the most exclusive brewery in the world, Westvleteren Abdij St. Sixtus. I have been here once before and that was the first time I tasted their lovely and by some named as overrated beer. In de Vrede is nothing special in itself but they serve the beer we are there for and nothing else really matters. Unfortunately I was the driver this day and had to limit my consumption. A Swedish guys overheard us speaking Swedish and it turned out he was there waiting for his 48 bottles of Westvleteren 12 that he had ordered and he had drove there for that sole purpose. We told him about the nearby De Struise Brouwers and he got the address for a drive over there. He told us that he was a home-brewer and he promised me some bottles of his next batch since he only lives 50 kilometres or so from me. We'll see if he remembers it and contacts me or if it just was talk.
Westvleteren 12
Belgium
ABV: 10.2%
Rating: 5
This beer is rated number one in the world by many and I find it nothing but fair. It is a classical Belgian strong ale with mild licorice and chocolate notes and it is perfectly smooth to drink. Too bad it isn't that often I get my hands of one though.

No comments:

Post a Comment