2010-03-14

Saturday Night Specials

Westvleteren 8
Belgium
ABV: 8%
Rating: 3
Smells and tastes a little like apple cider. A little too heavy alcohol taste that grows milder. Also a little spicy. This is an okay beer but not close to the 12. It was more than half a year ago that I had one of these and I remember it as much better than it is now.










Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock
Germany
ABV: 12%
Rating: 4
Not being a fan of frozen beer this is a positive surprise. Scents of smoke and banana and tastes even more of banana. Even some oregano is there and it is very drinkable. Sweet and fresh at the same time.











Dupont Avec les Bons Voeux
Belgium
ABV: 9.5%
Rating: 3
A smell of stable and bacon. Taste of citrus and heavy alcohol. Pretty fresh and a typical French strong beer. Nothing special at all.












Stone Vertical Epic 09
USA
ABV: 8.5%
Rating: 3
Coffe and jam. A little too sweet for my liking but still drinkable.













Nøgne Ø Porter
Norway
ABV: 7%
Rating: 3
A little too mild to be a porter for me. Nice notes of juniper berries, coffee and licorice but I want more than just subtle notes in a porter. Still drinkable and ok.

3 comments:

  1. Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock var fin.
    Drack den själv i lördags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some strong beer, congrats on surviving to write about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest I shared four of those five bottles with the host of the party. On the other hand I had two bottles of Oppigårds Amarillo Spring and one bottle of Dugges ½ Idjit all by myself.

    ReplyDelete