2010-01-01

Last beers of the year

I was planning on having more beer yesterday than I actually did. My daughter decided to stay awake much longer than she use to so that prevented today's headache and this post from getting long and dull. I went for safe cards this time and can recommend everyone to try all following four Belgian beers at least once. I rate from 1 to 5 where 1 is Budweiser and 5 is Westvleteren.

Chimay Blanche
Belgium
ABV: 8%
Rating: 4
This is a very smooth triple. I usually don't like Belgian triples that much because they tend to taste a little bit too much of alcohol. Chimay Blanche is an exception with its well balanced mix of fruit and hop tastes.












Caracole Saxo Bio

Belgium
ABV: 7.5%
Rating: 4
Unlike Chimay Blanche this triple shows some distinct alcohol taste at first but this is more than made up for after a while when the fresh fruity flavours takes over. Worth pouring to a glass and waiting a bit before drinking for maximal enjoyment.











Chimay Bleu

Belgium
ABV: 9%
Rating: 4
This is the standard Trappist 1A. Well worth its rating but nothing to be excited about.














La Trappe Witte
Netherlands
ABV: 5.5%
Rating: 4
A great mixture between standard Belgian (well, Dutch in this case) blonde and weisbier. Very refreshing taste but the best thing is that its cheap - SEK13.90 at Systembolaget is a bargain.

1 comment:

  1. I got inspired by your blog and bought a La Trappe Witte, and it was quite ok after all. But I have to say, belgian beer is not my cup of blood. I rather go for a tasty lager or an India Pale Ale, that´s my kind of beer! Anyway, I´ll keep my eyes on this blog...och ser fram emot att ta upp vår gamla juldagstradition detta år mina vännerrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete