2010-02-05

Hiers to the Blood - Top 10 library cards

As in my last post I'm putting together a top list of cards that I want to play from this new interesting set. They don't need to be the best cards but my personal taste and some impulsive deck ideas is the main resources behind this list.

1. Death Seeker
This is a very personal choice since I'm a sucker for !Salubri. A very versatile card that can trump both combat defence (combat ends, prevent, maneuver, dodge etc.) and combat offence in most cases. Sure, a potence deck will have several red cards and can in many cases play a new copy when the first gets cancelled but in reality they will not have an extra copy at hand often enough. If you face decks that completely denies the existence of combat cards it will of course be useless but that is worth some discards. And against such decks, the decks I plan on putting Death Seeker into should not have any problems.


2. Blessing of the Beast
I have never played Ahrimanes or Spiritus but it is and have more so become a great multi-purpose discipline. With a couple of Blessing of the Beast in a Spiritus-heavy deck you are basically getting a giant hand size and that is a tried and true way to succeed in this game.







3. Lily Prelude
Another of my favourite clans gets a great card. Had it only required DoC instead of mel it would probably be my number one but it is still very promising. The potential bribe when playing on superior should put you in a decent negotiation spot, especially together with Prostitu.. er.. Madrigal.







4. Wider View
This is a card that needs some serious testing before knowing if it is as good as it could be. I'm thinking maybe putting 7 copies of the star vampire in a deck instead of 5 since you can remove the extra copies if you get a Wider View in play early. Maybe it's worth it maybe it's not. I have still to figure out if you can do some really nasty trick with it but I'm sure you can and I wont be the first to figure it out. Where I think this card really will shine is in a deck without star vampire but with a restricted crypt choice. If you for example field 3 copies each of 4 different vampires you are guaranteed to see a minimum of 2 in your starting draw. On the other hand you will seldom be able to field all 4 of them without this card or some similar effect.

5. Gremlins
A very nice card for a Kiasyd bleed deck to trade some of your Governs for. Your support vampires without MYT can play it using dom and the myt effect is a nice bonus.








6. Oppugnant Night
Worst case you get blocked and get to fight a combat. Best case you get to rush with all of your Blood Brothers. I wouldn't trade all rush-cards in a deck for this one but some of these should be gold in a Blood Brother combat deck.







7. Infernal Servitor
I'm thinking The unnamed bleeding with Heart of the City at the CEL level of Flurry of Action and then recruiting this to go for another direct bleed for 3, probably with obf-stealth. Maybe you can do something nasty with this and the more obscure Obeah and Valeren cards to bleed with it multiple times in the same round. I find this card very interesting and hopefully a decent source of cheesy exploiting.





8. I am Legion
Perfect when facing Auspex-decks, still a good card when you don't. A couple of these should go in every Baali bleed deck.









9. Shatter the Gate
The effect of this card is one of the most powerful in the game. The effort of gaining that effect is probably one of the hardest in the game.









10. Great Symposium
An auto-include for any deck that plans on fielding 2 or more Kiasyd.










3 comments:

  1. Haven't read all the cards yet but one card that I find nothing short of fantastic is Code of Samuel. It's like a hunting ground, but not a location and therefore not nearly as vulnerable. And not only that, it gives a !salubri an untap if they burn or send a vampire to torpor. An activity !salubri love doing the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its a useful card. When I play !Salubri I play only with For and Val so there is not much use in untapping at the end of the round. And a Hunting ground is not worth 2 pool in most cases. But in the right deck, it is a really good card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How surprising. Personally I try to play with Hunting Grounds as often as possible, and I think the same goes for most people over here. Perhaps a subject worthy for elaboration in an own post?

    ReplyDelete