2010-02-02

Is that a half size pen in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

How did people blog before internet and computers? With a notebook or so called journal and an ordinary pen. As we will leave for our longed for Belgium beer trip in some weeks I thought I get ready for the field. I got myself a notebook and a pen.
Since I started this blog I have already noticed that I quickly forget small and sometimes big things about the beer I try so it will come in handy ordinary pub nights and even at home.


The notebook is of A6 format, perfect size for putting in the back pocket of my jeans or in the pocket of an ordinary Hawaiian shirt. It is soft backed with lined pages and it feels like its going to be a nice travel companion.
The pen is even more interesting. At the book store my wife had to listen to my standard oration about how worthless everything is and that there is no point in making pens the length they are. I want to put a pen in a pocket and a standard sized one is simply to long to feel comfortable. I said that I was going to invent a short pen and become a millionaire. Then, there at the counter it was - my red short pen. Perfect in hand, unnoticed in pocket.
I'm ready to go to Belgium and note every subtle note of every obscure beer I have!

3 comments:

  1. Wish ye a safe trip and many fine pints.

    If I post a picture of my Hawaiian shirt, will you review it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure will. Do you only have one Hawaiian shirt? If so I feel sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. One might say I'm hanging on by a.. thread!

    It's not even authentically hawaiian, so I'm not expecting a good grade. I call it my yakuza shirt. I bought it in Japan and the gal I was out shopping with half seriously, half jokingly told me I should wait wearing it until I got home. Apparently only the Yakuza wear such things over there. Goes for sunglasses too.

    "Hawaloha - made by UNO" 100% rayon

    http://s8.photobucket.com/home/Tegyrius/allalbums

    ReplyDelete