2010-02-21

The Horde

Since I put the unnamed as the top vampire from Heirs to the Blood I had to try and make a deck with him. I started toying with different ideas and when I read the Maleficia cards I thought I make something from that angle. I mean Evil Eye at mal has to be good with the unnamed, has it not? I decided to go all Baali and of course some copies of The Horde found their place. The more I thought about it the more I felt like building a pure The Horde deck and what you are about to read is the first draft of it.

I need input and ideas here. I have never played Baali and as far as I can remember I have never included a single Infernal minion in any deck I ever built. There will be things I have missed and others I just have got wrong. Anyhow - here is the decklist and I present my thoughts about it later:
Deck Name : The Horde
Author : Stefan Karlsson

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 3 average: 3
12x Horde, The 3 dai obf pre Baali:6

Library [80 cards]
Action [21]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
12x Barrenness
8x Greater Curse

Action Modifier [19]
1x Cloak the Gathering
1x Domain of Evernight
2x Faceless Night
2x I am Legion
2x Lost in Crowds
5x Psalm of the Damned
1x Spying Mission
5x True Love's Face

Action Modifier/Combat [1]
1x Swallowed by the Night

Ally [1]
1x Veneficti (Mage)

Combat/Reaction [5]
5x Evil Eye

Equipment [2]
2x Kaymakli Fragment

Event [2]
1x Anthelios, The Red Star
1x Scourge of the Enochians

Master [29]
1x Coven, The
3x Effective Management
1x Giant's Blood
1x Information Highway
1x Jake Washington (Hunter)
10x Maleficia
3x Parthenon, The
4x Path of Evil Revelations
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Ruins of Charizel
3x Tribute to the Master




The idea is to weaken and possibly destroy other vampires with Barrenness. The untap granted by Barrenness opens for a poolgaining bleed at +1 stealth with outferior Greater Curse. There is some stealth and a few True Love's Face to increase the bleed amount. Psalm of the Damned and Evil Eye are great cards that have to be included to some amount. Because of the need of multiple Maleficia-cards I decided to go Master heavy all over. Some crypt acceleration, blood and pool gain dominates that section. Kaymakli Fragment is insanely good if no one steals it. If you can use it without problems everything you have to do is to "pay one to see one" to get a fresh Horde every round.
My idea is that this deck should be able to do pretty much damage and still survive without any real defensive package. These are rough guesses and I bet there are many things that can go wrong. I have a feeling that this is a deck that should be 60 cards with 6 Ashur Tablets but to build such a deck you need some real knowledge about the different parts of it and relevant amounts of the different cards.
I really like the idea and would love to get it good enough to be competitive and that's why I publish it this early asking for advice. I really need all input I can get so shoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment